case: (Default)
Case ([personal profile] case) wrote in [community profile] fandomsecrets2015-02-11 05:58 pm

[ SECRET POST #2961 ]


⌈ Secret Post #2961 ⌋

Warning: Some secrets are NOT worksafe and may contain SPOILERS.

01.


__________________________________________________



02.
[Alexander Siddig/Star Trek; Deep Space 9/Vertical Limit/Poirot/24]


__________________________________________________



03.


__________________________________________________



04.


__________________________________________________



05.
[Transformers: Fall of Cybertron]


__________________________________________________



06.


__________________________________________________



07.


__________________________________________________



08.


__________________________________________________



09.
[Nightwish]


__________________________________________________



10.













Notes:

Better early than late!

Secrets Left to Post: 02 pages, 024 secrets from Secret Submission Post #423.
Secrets Not Posted: [ 0 - broken links ], [ 0 - not!secrets ], [ 0 - not!fandom ], [ 0 - too big ], [ 0 - repeat ].
Current Secret Submissions Post: here.
Suggestions, comments, and concerns should go here.
comradesmiler: (Default)

Re: Lazy!secrets

[personal profile] comradesmiler 2015-02-12 12:36 am (UTC)(link)
Better that that a pretentious Beyonce fan.

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:37 am (UTC)(link)
Bluh, she's going through a late wild teen phase. I think she'll be over it in about 5-10 years. She just needs to get it out of her system.

However I'm not crazy about her picking a fight with Selena. Catty, much?
kallanda_lee: (Default)

So this is fandom-y

[personal profile] kallanda_lee 2015-02-12 12:37 am (UTC)(link)
I realized that Larkhill, from V from Vendetta, is a real place. We drove through it. I don't even know why I thought it shouldn't be real, but I sort of figured it was a made-up place.

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:37 am (UTC)(link)
Not urban legend.

Impersonating an officer, or wearing the uniform being seen as being representative of the respective military force, is taken seriously.

The armed forces tend to be very touchy about their image. I've seen shows cancelled because of that.

/former military
morieris: http://iconography.dreamwidth.org/32982.html (Default)

Re: Lazy!secrets

[personal profile] morieris 2015-02-12 12:38 am (UTC)(link)
So, it's basically saying to white people that in this case, black people are human and multifaceted but you'd never know that seeing as you just look away and cross the street when you see us when we don't care about what you're doing at all movie?

I keep forgetting to look at this to be honest, I don't think it couldn't tell me anything I didn't know already.

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:38 am (UTC)(link)
Saw a Fanfiction Flamingo image once that was something like "Have anal sex... immediately rewrite fifteen fics."
caerbannog: (Default)

Re: Lazy!secrets

[personal profile] caerbannog 2015-02-12 12:38 am (UTC)(link)
I actually find the start menu the worst so far? It takes ages to register a click and the background marching is stuttering.

I know the problem, it needs a quad core and I'm only a duo. But it's an okay duo so I'm incredibly irked that it "needs" that much power when the graphics aren't that great.

(It crashes to desktop whenever I go to first screen after designing character so I've not gotten...anywhere)
othellia: (Default)

Re: How's your week so far been FS?

[personal profile] othellia 2015-02-12 12:38 am (UTC)(link)
Shit. Hope they turn out negative.

Re: Lazy!secrets

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:38 am (UTC)(link)
I could say the same about Beyonce

Re: Lazy!secrets

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:38 am (UTC)(link)
Oh, give me a break. The only "risk" she took was daring to declare that sex when you're married can be hot. What a statement! I'm so blown away! Give her everything, she's clearly a genius.

Re: Lazy!secrets

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:38 am (UTC)(link)
not entirely true. kanye tried to give his BET award for video of the year to big boi & ugk, his album of the year grammy to amy winehouse, and an AMA award to lil wayne. he doesn't think he's the best all the time, but he does have every right and reason to think highly of himself and his work.
morieris: http://iconography.dreamwidth.org/32982.html (Default)

Re: Rec me a vampire book?

[personal profile] morieris 2015-02-12 12:39 am (UTC)(link)
The Vampire's Assistant. Also called Cirque Du Freak and The Saga of Darren Shan. My favorite book series.

12 books, plus another 5 for the prequels, but they're only about 110 pages per book (for the main series, the latter has maybe 250 each).

You can definitely find the 12 as pdfs online, the prequel not so much.
caerbannog: (Default)

Re: Lazy!secrets

[personal profile] caerbannog 2015-02-12 12:39 am (UTC)(link)
I think I spent most playtime in DA:O, but overall I liked DA:II much better. idk, just appealed more.

I couldn't get the keep to work beyond pulling up my previous characters :C but it wouldn't recognise their decisions and I don't want to go through them all manually...
caerbannog: (Default)

Re: Lazy!secrets

[personal profile] caerbannog 2015-02-12 12:40 am (UTC)(link)
I'm picking idly at it. I got cleanmem to do a sweep every 5 minutes but it doesn't really help.

Re: Lazy!secrets

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:40 am (UTC)(link)
i told you i'm not a beyonce fan. i honestly couldn't name 10 of her songs without some serious, lengthy thought. i'm just a lover of music, and i recognise true talent when i hear it.

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:41 am (UTC)(link)
why is it hardly comparable

Obviously no one is saying that no one should murder anything, but the same principle would seem to apply? If it's true that not having had anal sex is a weakness or a disqualification in writing about anal sex, why should the same not hold true of murder, or any other experience for that matter?

Re: Lazy!secrets

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:41 am (UTC)(link)
No. I'm not gonna pick the least shitty one just because they were nominated for the industry's masturbatory lovefest. It's not music snobbery to call the Grammys what they are: a ridiculous, bloated, and meaningless spectacle, just like all other awards shows. It's not about talent, quality, or "innovation." It's about insiders fawning over each other.
philstar22: (Default)

Re: Lazy!secrets

[personal profile] philstar22 2015-02-12 12:41 am (UTC)(link)
Oh he does. Okay, maybe he doesn't think he's the best. But the way he talks about himself is not something I'd find okay even in the person who is the best. Modesty is a thing.

And he certainly thinks he's right all the time. He's decided that he has the best objective idea of what is the best music and that he has the right to ruin someone else's moment just because he's so very right.

Argh. Sorry. I just really, really hate what he did and it makes me really, really hate him as much as I do like his music.
sabotabby: (doom doom doom)

[personal profile] sabotabby 2015-02-12 12:41 am (UTC)(link)
I'm 35 and have really snobby taste in music.

Then I heard a lulzy neo-folk cover:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVmrN_NAu-s

And I realized that the song is pretty catchy and has good bones; it's mainly the production that's the issue. I genuinely like this cover. Unfortunately, the song is pretty catchy so I find myself singing it, sometimes in public, and then I realize that people won't know that I'm singing the cover, not the original.
Edited 2015-02-12 00:41 (UTC)
kaijinscendre: (Default)

Re: Rec me a vampire book?

[personal profile] kaijinscendre 2015-02-12 12:41 am (UTC)(link)
Vamped by David Sosnowski. "So this vampire walks into a bar . . . Yes, it sounds like the beginning of a bad joke, but it's just another night in the never-ending life of Marty Kowalski. With his trademark slogan - "There's a sucker born every minute" - this blood-drinking bachelor has managed to talk half the mortal world into joining the graveyard shift. Now vampires outnumber humans, and Marty is so bored he could die - again. With modern conveniences like synthetic blood and Mr. Plasma machines, the thrill of the hunt is gone. Especially for Marty, who's starting to wonder if he should just settle down, maybe start a family. Hey, it could happen. But is this confirmed nightcrawler fully prepared to adopt - and raise - a human of his own?"

I don't recall all that much romance. If there is any it is way in the background. Great world building and such.

Re: Lazy!secrets

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:41 am (UTC)(link)
i suggest listening to her music again, or listening to her talk about the music. if all you're getting out of her latest album is "yay monogamous sex" then you are not listening and do not have the right context to be judging.
caerbannog: (Default)

Re: Lazy!secrets

[personal profile] caerbannog 2015-02-12 12:41 am (UTC)(link)
It's most likely because I'm only a duo and not a quad core. I exceed all the other requirements by a few miles but that's most likely the sticking point.

And I don't care enough about dragon age to improve on my cores. Especially since dragon age is still $79 and there's so much I can do with $79.
comradesmiler: (Default)

Re: So this is fandom-y

[personal profile] comradesmiler 2015-02-12 12:42 am (UTC)(link)
Durrington, huh? so you were driving through my home county?

Re: Things you've noticed recently

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:42 am (UTC)(link)
I think it's probably because fics tend to be written more from one character's perspective than another. And most people tend to write it from Bard's POV because... it's a bit easier, maybe? The movie tended to show a lot more from his POV, whereas Thranduil is a more distant character, and more difficult to get right.

Re: Lazy!secrets

(Anonymous) 2015-02-12 12:42 am (UTC)(link)
I'm sick of fests. I wish archives and fic comms would come back. Or at least fests with fewer rules or with a theme rather than a pairing or whatever, so I can have my OTPs but I can have them focusing on things other than one another.

Page 11 of 29