case: (Default)
Case ([personal profile] case) wrote in [community profile] fandomsecrets2026-08-17 06:57 pm

[ SECRET POST #7164 ]


⌈ Secret Post #7164 ⌋

Warning: Some secrets are NOT worksafe and may contain SPOILERS.


01.



__________________________________________________



02.



__________________________________________________



03.



__________________________________________________



04.
[Taylor Swift]


__________________________________________________



05.
[Michael Jackson]



__________________________________________________



06.



__________________________________________________



07.





























Notes:

Secrets Left to Post: 02 pages, 32 secrets from Secret Submission Post #1023.
Secrets Not Posted: [ 0 - broken links ], [ 0 - not!secrets ], [ 0 - not!fandom ], [ 0 - too big ], [ 0 - repeat ].
Current Secret Submissions Post: here.
Suggestions, comments, and concerns should go here.

(frozen comment)

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-17 11:09 pm (UTC)(link)
DAILY LINKS:

General comments
Off-topic discussion thread


Games threadThread for games/memes/etc.
Edited 2026-08-17 23:21 (UTC)

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-17 11:16 pm (UTC)(link)
A fanfic author of a fic I followed did that "I refuse to tag this essential thing about the character until 10 chapters in" thing and it's something I really hate and usually filter out, so I'm really annoyed that they wasted my time like that.
Canon recently had a development that basically rendered the whole fic largely non-canon. And the vindictive side of me hopes that this discouraged that author so much that they stopped writing in that fandom altogether.

(Anonymous) 2026-08-17 11:36 pm (UTC)(link)
"a random fanfic author didn't tag something, and I held a grudge not only long enough to never forget it, but to hope they stopped writing in this fandom completely because screw them and anyone else who was enjoying their stories"

exultant fury
outside, the long grass weeping
forever untouched

good secret though. properly unhinged

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:40 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:42 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 05:12 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-08-17 11:41 pm (UTC)(link)
I'm not discouraging the pettiness, but uh... unless they are rigidly canon-compliant, I don't imagine they'll stop over the new story contradictions.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:44 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 05:14 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-08-17 11:53 pm (UTC)(link)
This is why I read completed fic only. And if they leave a tag out even once because "oh noez it will sPOil tHe fIC!" I mute them.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 01:38 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 01:45 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 02:02 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-08-18 03:22 am (UTC)(link)
I mostly write for closed canons (films, older media), so it's been a hot minute since I've run into the 'invalidated by new canon' issue, but honestly... it's fanfic? I'm not trying to write canon, I'm actively trying to write the stuff canon isn't doing.

Maybe some people get discouraged-- certainly there are ways series can go that turn me off! But just 'I wrote about X happening and the show doing Y makes X impossible' just doesn't feel like a reason to stop writing a fic, let alone stop writing in a fandom.


I'm sympathetic to being surprised by something not tagged for, mind! I've been varying levels of disappointed/turned off/upset by untagged for things in fics and depending on the thing it can really suck! Exactly once, the untagged for thing was so bad that I just blocked the author so I wouldn't SEE any of their other fic come up (I recommend doing so, you can imagine they stopped writing even if they don't!).

I will say, as a writer who often posts chapters as I write, sometimes I add a tag late into a fic or fic series because I realize there's something I didn't plan from the outset that needs to be tagged for, and so I have to recognize it's not always an author saying 'well I didn't want to SPOIL it'-- if you don't want to spoil something by tagging it, 'author chose not to tag' will at least let everyone know shit might go down! But if they whine about not wanting to spoil things by tagging them after the fact, I can't fault you for having some beef.

Transcript – Buffy the Vampire Slayer

(Anonymous) 2026-08-17 11:24 pm (UTC)(link)

The great thing about the ending to Buffy the Vampire Slayer is that it sets up almost unlimited possibilities for spin-offs; stories that are not tied to a geographic location or specific characters.

You want to write about a slayer in Alaska? A slayer who is a nun? A slayer who is a 50-year old mother of three teenage children? Anything's possible! That's why I was so disappointed when I read the synopsis for the (thankfully) failed reboot. They wanted a teenage slayer, again? They wanted it set in Sunnydale, again? The same Sunnydale that fell into a crater and was completely destroyed??

The mould has been broken, guys! You can bake any sort of cake you want!

(Anonymous) 2026-08-17 11:36 pm (UTC)(link)
...I never realized until this moment how badly I need a nun slayer.

And I want it to be Hildegard von Bingen.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 00:29 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 05:20 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] hey_hey_hey 2026-08-17 11:46 pm (UTC)(link)
Could've been an anthology series but do people even want those kind of shows anymore

(Anonymous) 2026-08-18 02:03 am (UTC)(link)
I wanted Buffy to be the slayer as a middle-aged woman. :(

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 02:49 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-08-18 05:36 am (UTC)(link)
Yet everyone still goes for the classic chocolate cake anyway.

Just accept it, OP.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-17 11:17 pm (UTC)(link)
I've avoided most cartoons and games with anthro characters since I was a kid because I always found them ugly to look at.
maximumhusky: blue sakura branches front of lantern (Default)

[personal profile] maximumhusky 2026-08-18 03:34 am (UTC)(link)
The secret is what it is, but I will say that the picture the Secret Maker chose is pleasingly designed to me. Sure he's meant to be ugly and villainous, but kudos to the artists back then for managing to make a five-o-clock shadow on a rat work somehow lol.
Edited 2026-08-18 03:35 (UTC)

(Anonymous) 2026-08-17 11:24 pm (UTC)(link)
Same. I'm so tired of hearing about this woman.

Transcript – Taylor Swift

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:26 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:52 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 00:47 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript – Michael Jackson

(Anonymous) 2026-08-17 11:29 pm (UTC)(link)

I'll never forget when MJ died in 2009, I was on this forum when the news broke out and I saw all these 12-16 year old teenyboppers saying MJ died a long time ago and they were mourning the loss of MJ before he died. I was thinking "Oh Puhlease, You weren't even alive when the badassery of OTW, Thriller, bad and even Dangerous came out let alone old enough to witness MJ at his prime, his peak badassery. Yall grew up with weirdo mj. As an old fart (born in the 60's) I bore witness to thriller and bad and dangerous MJ. I saw him in his prime”

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:50 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:55 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 00:26 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 00:51 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] maximumhusky - 2026-08-18 03:31 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-17 11:17 pm (UTC)(link)
My fear of puppets is largely routed in Hartley Hare, who even talks like a serial killer.

I'm not a fan of Basil Brush's little fangs either.

Was all British Kids TV in the old days just dedicated to traumatising us?

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 01:41 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 05:40 (UTC) - Expand

Looking at Mr. Blobby...

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:26 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Looking at Mr. Blobby...

[personal profile] feotakahari - 2026-08-18 00:10 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Looking at Mr. Blobby...

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 05:37 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Looking at Mr. Blobby...

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 05:39 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 05:40 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 11:09 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 12:59 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-17 11:17 pm (UTC)(link)
One of my favorite streamers recently announced he was going to be a dad. My first thought? He'd better not neglect his wife in any way and leave her to all the childcare regardless of her condition while he games.

S!B I have zero knowledge of or insight into their marriage, I have no reason to believe he'd behave that way, and the whole thing is literally none of my business.

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 01:42 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 03:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:27 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:47 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 01:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 02:24 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 02:06 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 02:29 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-17 11:19 pm (UTC)(link)
NS, NF, etc.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-17 11:19 pm (UTC)(link)
Official advertise your fandom-related event thread.

RULES FOR THIS:
1. NO images bigger than 600x600 in either direction (banners, et cetera).
2. ONE POST PER USER under this thread.
3. What IS allowed: roleplay advertisements, fandom comms, fandom events, things like that.
4. What is NOT allowed: anything for profit, any kind of fic/art commissions, seeking 1-on-1 RP, that kind of thing.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-17 11:19 pm (UTC)(link)
General comments:

(If the thread contains spoilery/triggery content please warn/post as 2nd comment so it collapses!
Please collapse images, too!)

Do you dye your hair?

(Anonymous) 2026-08-17 11:33 pm (UTC)(link)
Either for fun or to cover grays

Re: Do you dye your hair?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:40 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you dye your hair?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 02:04 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you dye your hair?

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-08-17 23:40 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you dye your hair?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:44 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you dye your hair?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-17 23:55 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you dye your hair?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 00:11 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you dye your hair?

[personal profile] kaijinscendre - 2026-08-18 00:21 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you dye your hair?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 00:59 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you dye your hair?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 02:07 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you dye your hair?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 02:12 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you dye your hair?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 05:46 (UTC) - Expand

How long does PT take?

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-08-17 23:42 (UTC) - Expand

Re: How long does PT take?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 00:03 (UTC) - Expand

Re: How long does PT take?

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-08-18 00:34 (UTC) - Expand

Re: How long does PT take?

[personal profile] greghousesgf - 2026-08-18 00:03 (UTC) - Expand

Re: How long does PT take?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 00:18 (UTC) - Expand

Re: How long does PT take?

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-08-18 00:35 (UTC) - Expand

Re: How long does PT take?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 01:14 (UTC) - Expand

Re: How long does PT take?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 01:43 (UTC) - Expand

Re: How long does PT take?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 04:19 (UTC) - Expand

Re: How long does PT take?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 05:49 (UTC) - Expand

👅

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 00:16 (UTC) - Expand

Re: 👅

[personal profile] kaijinscendre - 2026-08-18 00:21 (UTC) - Expand

Re: 👅

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-08-18 00:35 (UTC) - Expand

Re: 👅

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-18 01:17 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-17 11:20 pm (UTC)(link)
Games thread!

(Anonymous) 2026-08-18 01:47 am (UTC)(link)
#Worldle #1670 (18.08.2026) 1/6 (100%)
🔥 Current Win Streak: 1 days
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/share