case: (Default)
Case ([personal profile] case) wrote in [community profile] fandomsecrets2026-08-23 04:49 pm

[ SECRET POST #7170 ]


⌈ Secret Post #7170 ⌋

Warning: Some secrets are NOT worksafe and may contain SPOILERS.


01.



__________________________________________________



02.



__________________________________________________



03.



__________________________________________________



04.



__________________________________________________



05.



__________________________________________________



06.



__________________________________________________



07.



__________________________________________________



08.






























Notes:

Secrets Left to Post: 02 pages, 37 secrets from Secret Submission Post #1024.
Secrets Not Posted: [ 0 - broken links ], [ 0 - not!secrets ], [ 0 - not!fandom ], [ 0 - too big ], [ 0 - repeat ].
Current Secret Submissions Post: here.
Suggestions, comments, and concerns should go here.

(frozen comment)

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-23 05:07 pm (UTC)(link)
DAILY LINKS:

General comments
Off-topic discussion thread


Games threadThread for games/memes/etc.
Edited 2026-08-23 17:26 (UTC)

Transcript - Dungeon Crawler Carl

(Anonymous) 2026-08-23 06:40 pm (UTC)(link)
I have heard so many good things about this series but I absolutely hate the narrative voice i'm disappointed I can't enjoy it, too. maybe if it was 3rd person POV.

(Anonymous) 2026-08-23 06:49 pm (UTC)(link)
Same. this is the reason I've never read the series. I just don't enjoy things that aren't in third person. I am excited about the tv show, though.

(Anonymous) 2026-08-23 07:17 pm (UTC)(link)
Maybe try the webcomic version? It's way behind the books but still pretty fun.

on the other hand, if it's just not for you that's ok too

DCC is a weird one for me

(Anonymous) 2026-08-23 07:34 pm (UTC)(link)
I actually tried it a couple times and it didn't click because I hate first person pov and I'm honestly not that big on male main characters at this point in my life. But then for some reason I tried it again and it clicked and I devoured the whole series in a short span of time. But then the latest book came out and I can't seem to get back into it again. Idk it's definitely a mood book, when it works it works but when it doesn't it really really doesn't.

(Anonymous) 2026-08-23 08:36 pm (UTC)(link)
yeah, my partner just blazed through the entire series in about 2 weeks, and everything she said about it made me go nope nope I will never read this, nope, sorry. the narrative sounds insufferable to my taste.

(Anonymous) 2026-08-23 11:27 pm (UTC)(link)
Mannnnnnnn, you would have lost your shit if Matt had kept it in second person lmao

I’ll be honest, I’m another that hates first person POV. And Carl’s description and actions at the very beginning are all things that are a hard no for me.

But I stuck with it and I am so glad I did.

Yeah it’s got some toilet humor and that manages to be even less funny as the series goes on. But the majority of the series is a fantastic exploration of the evils of late stage capitalism, racism, otherism, and oligarchies. It has found family and some of the most emotional scenes I’ve ever read. I hadn’t cried over reading a book in at least 25-30 years. Some scenes in the DCC series make me cry every time, others just once but the emotional impact lingered, regardless.

I’d say that if there were any other series even remotely like DCC, you should read that. But there isn’t so I recommend either giving it another try or just diving into the fandom and absorbing the books that way. The thoughtful discussions in the official sub are a perfect match for a lot of FS regulars.
neoyi: (Default)

[personal profile] neoyi 2026-08-24 01:05 am (UTC)(link)
I read the first DCC and I didn't like the In Your Face humor. I just thought it was really, really 13-year-old teenage boy level of obnoxious (also, I hate the foot stuff. I find Carl stepping monsters with no shoes on to be just gross and I almost noped out several times because of that), and the first person didn't really help (though, fair, Carl's not... bad, he's just bland.) Everyone keeps trying to assure me the "edgy humor" is on purpose and has a point, and okay, fine, but the author still chose to use this kind of humor and I don't particularly care for it.

Buuuuuut I'm willing to give Book 2 a shot in the future because I do like stories of characters exploring and journeying massive structures, each with individual levels with different challenges. So I guess I'll see if I'm willing to go further if Book 2 sticks the landing. But it's on thin ice.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 02:24 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] neoyi - 2026-08-24 18:48 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-08-24 01:26 am (UTC)(link)
Same here. I read the first one and I enjoyed it well enough, but the tone it was written in wasn't for me, so I did not continue on with the series. It also kept me stressed out while reading for some reason. Some books stress me out and this was one of them.

(Anonymous) 2026-08-24 01:48 am (UTC)(link)
Maybe the comic or tv show will work for you. I hope so, because the story is super fun.
starfleetbrat: photo of a cool geeky girl (Default)

[personal profile] starfleetbrat 2026-08-24 05:56 am (UTC)(link)
same, also can't get past it being a LitRPG with the D&D style stuff in the text. Nothing against LitRPG, just not my cup of tea I guess.

I shall endeavour to watch the tv show when it comes out though!

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-23 05:07 pm (UTC)(link)
I don't find any of the JOJO'S bizarre adventure characters attractive. They all look like drag queens cross bred with statues. Even the women look like drag queens.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 17:52 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:56 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:36 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 20:50 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 03:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 22:32 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 23:04 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 23:09 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-23 05:07 pm (UTC)(link)
Collapsed for length!

Re: Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom - 2026-08-23 17:07 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] mishey22 - 2026-08-24 14:50 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-23 05:08 pm (UTC)(link)
When watching teen titans as a kid, I was really confused when the Tofu villain kept referring to beast Boy as a human. Since beast Boy had green skin, fangs and pointy ears I dead ass thought he was some sort of goblin.

TIL

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:27 (UTC) - Expand

Re: TIL

[personal profile] deleted_scenes - 2026-08-23 20:26 (UTC) - Expand

Re: TIL

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 20:51 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:59 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript - Halloween (Horror Franchise)

(Anonymous) 2026-08-23 06:41 pm (UTC)(link)
Jason safely driving a car is still one of the funniest movie scenes I've ever seen

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:11 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:17 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 23:12 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] greghousesgf - 2026-08-24 03:40 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 23:31 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 23:37 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] greghousesgf - 2026-08-24 03:40 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 09:25 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-23 05:08 pm (UTC)(link)
I wish this series would get a remake/full season or get picked up by a manga publisher in English. My friend introduced me to it decades ago, but I don't read Japanese well enough to follow the manga. The OVA has a low rating but it barely touched the surface of the plot. Sentient robots is kind of cliche now that we live in an AI future hell, but I'd argue that this would be some nice escapism about now.

Transcript - Green Lantern

(Anonymous) 2026-08-23 06:43 pm (UTC)(link)
I haven't kept up with comics lately, but the Lanterns show rekindled some old interests. Apparently this is the type of inanity that I've been missing. I can't even. What kind of entitled white boy asininity is this. I hate Hal Jordan as much as the next person with a functioning brain and a modicum of emotional intelligence, but BooHoo My Girlfriend Left Me And Now My Pantsfeels Are Unfulfilled WOE IS MEEEEEEEEE is the dumbest origin story.

(no subject)

[personal profile] feotakahari - 2026-08-23 20:42 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 23:11 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-08-23 06:03 pm (UTC)(link)
I mean, I really like both of them, they're great actors and like, not WRONG about the quality of the books. But I'd agree that appearance-wise they're weird casting choices. He's not unattractive if you're into that, and he's gotten hotter since Twilight imo, but he's definitely not pretty in the way that the books describe. Which stands out when he's right next to Kristen Stewart, who is much more plausibly like, inhumanly hot.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:48 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 01:00 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 04:39 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 11:53 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 18:39 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:24 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript - Twilight

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 18:45 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 18:46 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] sabotabby - 2026-08-23 19:10 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:15 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:24 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:16 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:20 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 22:58 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 01:25 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 03:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 23:40 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 08:06 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-23 05:09 pm (UTC)(link)
NS, NF, etc.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-23 05:16 pm (UTC)(link)
Official advertise your fandom-related event thread.

RULES FOR THIS:
1. NO images bigger than 600x600 in either direction (banners, et cetera).
2. ONE POST PER USER under this thread.
3. What IS allowed: roleplay advertisements, fandom comms, fandom events, things like that.
4. What is NOT allowed: anything for profit, any kind of fic/art commissions, seeking 1-on-1 RP, that kind of thing.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-23 05:17 pm (UTC)(link)
General comments:

(If the thread contains spoilery/triggery content please warn/post as 2nd comment so it collapses!
Please collapse images, too!)

Reminder: "Secrets you don't want to make..." thread is still up!

(Anonymous) 2026-08-23 06:25 pm (UTC)(link)
It'll be monitored until Monday's FS post goes up. You can leave your comment secrets here:

https://fandomsecrets.dreamwidth.org/3461740.html?thread=1160210796#cmt1160210796

Cheers,

a secret maker

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:13 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:15 (UTC) - Expand

The "who is jumping the highest" drive me nuts

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:29 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:17 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 01:25 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 20:30 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 04:33 (UTC) - Expand

My monitors are both dying....or something is anyway

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:14 (UTC) - Expand

Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:23 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:30 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:41 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 19:59 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 20:56 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:16 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 23:10 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:18 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:39 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:46 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 23:42 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Corn vs Flour Tortillas, do you have a preference?

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 01:24 (UTC) - Expand

Based on #5

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 21:15 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Based on #5

[personal profile] tabaqui - 2026-08-23 21:35 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Based on #5

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 22:07 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-08-23 05:17 pm (UTC)(link)
Games thread!
ssjumi: (Default)

[personal profile] ssjumi 2026-08-23 05:58 pm (UTC)(link)
#WorLdle #1675 (23.08.2026) 4/6 (100%)
🔥 Aktuelle Siegesserie: 5 Tage
🟩🟩🟩🟨⬜↗️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨↗️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟨⬇️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/share

_

Wordle 1.891 4/6

⬛⬛⬛⬛🟨
⬛🟨🟨🟩⬛
🟩🟨⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

_

🦧 Animal #1119 🐗
I figured it out in 7 guesses!
🟧🟧🟧🟩🟩🟩🟩
🔥 5 | Avg. Guesses: 5.4

https://metazooa.com
#metazooa

i cannot overstate the luck i had here lol

_

I got 12.980 on the FoodGuessr Daily!

That's 1.015 points above today's average! 🎉

🌕🌕🌕🌕🌘 4.183 (Round 1)
🌕🌕🌕🌕🌑 3.797 (Round 2)
🌕🌕🌕🌕🌕 5.000 (Round 3) 💯

Sunday, Aug 23, 2026
Play here: https://www.foodguessr.com/

_

Anthropeum.com · Aug 23 2026
🟩🟩🟩🟨🟨🟨🟩🟩🟩🟥
51.820 · top 92% of players today!

i'm soooooooo bad at the time frame tho! :,D

_

AITA Guesser 309 3/3
✅ ✅ ✅

Play AITA Guesser: https://muhashi.com/aita-guesser

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-23 23:39 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] ssjumi - 2026-08-24 16:34 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] starfleetbrat - 2026-08-24 06:08 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] ssjumi - 2026-08-24 16:37 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-08-24 05:22 (UTC) - Expand