case: (Default)
Case ([personal profile] case) wrote in [community profile] fandomsecrets2026-09-07 05:00 pm

[ SECRET POST #7185 ]


⌈ Secret Post #7185 ⌋

Warning: Some secrets are NOT worksafe and may contain SPOILERS.


01.



__________________________________________________



02.



__________________________________________________



03.



__________________________________________________



04.



__________________________________________________



05.



__________________________________________________



06.
































Notes:

Secrets Left to Post: 01 pages, 23 secrets from Secret Submission Post #1025.
Secrets Not Posted: [ 0 - broken links ], [ 0 - not!secrets ], [ 0 - not!fandom ], [ 0 - too big ], [ 0 - repeat ].
Current Secret Submissions Post: here.
Suggestions, comments, and concerns should go here.

(frozen comment)

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-07 09:01 pm (UTC)(link)
DAILY LINKS:

General comments
Off-topic discussion thread


Games threadThread for games/memes/etc.
Edited 2026-09-07 21:03 (UTC)

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-07 09:01 pm (UTC)(link)
I hate that so many TTRPGs have become so much more about the mechanics and stat blocks lately (yes, I know they were always there, just before you type "werl achuarly", step back from the keyboard) and less and less about the lore. When I got into gaming it was all about the lore. Now the lore seems almost incidental, and the storytelling aspect all but forgotten. The world building aspect is all but forgetting.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-07 11:35 pm (UTC)(link)
I wonder if it's part of the backlash against RPG metaplots that had players muttering "Choo-choo!" or sitting idle as the creators' pets did everything...

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 12:13 am (UTC)(link)
I got into solo TTRPG this year and I was actually surprised that the vast majority of the games and the gameplays online is lore and storytelling centric. Dungeon Crawlers with heavy use of the stats are a thing, but they almost always involve some storytelling and character develpment. And I love it. A LOT.
I tried watching the typical TTRPG gameplays (mostly D&D and Daggerheart) and even participate to some IRL group and yep, my experience, while not as extreme as yours I think, reflect the lack to lore/storytelling in favour of rolling on stats (and empty character banter *cough*). Not a fan... I was floored when a Call of Cthulhu master was hyper-fixating on monsters' HP and our weapons' stats instead of IDK creating a compelling narrative and atmosphere.
I think I'll continue my solo RPG journey and IRL I'll only do boardgames nights...

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 02:25 am (UTC)(link)
This is why I’ve stuck with the same DM for 40 years — stories are his main focus. He includes puzzles, fun traps, and lots of stories. Even the “bad” guys have a story and a reason for what they’re doing. It makes D&D fun.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 04:30 am (UTC)(link)
I think this is something that comes around every so often - when I was about 20, I remember games getting very heavily into stats and mechanics, but a few years later it was all about the storytelling again. There's always places for people who strongly prefer one or the other, but it's not always easy to find them.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 03:19 pm (UTC)(link)
I feel like this is probably a reaction to Actual Play podcasts/youtube. A big part of Critical Role's appeal, for instance, is that it's roleplay done by professional actors. That swung things towards roleplay and storytelling over the game mechanics. The Adventure Zone, one of the early Actual Plays, barely followed the rules of D&D. For Dimension 20, when you see the ways that Brennan Lee Mulligan tilts the scales to help the players, you'll see it happening all the time. In fact, a recent campaign it was entirely obvious when the final, absolutely crucial, no way back, fail and die roll somehow got rerolled like 8 times with every buff the players could find added to it.

So yeah, I think it's swinging back towards "actually playing the game is fun and an important part of the experience". Also, Actual Plays do tend to use their own worlds, or heavily edit published worlds, so I think that's also having an effect to push towards putting that on the GM to create original worlds.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-07 09:02 pm (UTC)(link)
The Imgur community is mean as fuck at times. I used to publically post my art there and I got downvoted and would get some nasty comments, telling me to touch grass and go to therapy because of my "obsession" (I'm autistic) since almost all of my art was of my comfort character. One person demanded I stop posting my art(I don't get why they never just block me if they dislike my art).
I quickly stopped posting there. Good riddance to that snake pit.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-07 09:15 pm (UTC)(link)
I thought imgur was mostly an image upload site, as in like memes and stuff. I wouldn't expect it to have much of an art community from what I've seen of it, but I am also not a frequent user of the site so I don't know if there was an art part of it tucked away on the site.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:16 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:25 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:32 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 14:40 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-09-07 09:18 pm (UTC)(link)
Hmm... was this long ago?

Imgur has had bots and trolls since forever IIRC, but generally, I noticed art being well-received. Granted, some people get aggressively rude if they feel others are spamming the user sub (even if that isn't the intention) and it has nothing to do with the art quality itself.

On the other hand, ever since the Imgur mods were fired a year or so ago and the entire place taken over by AI and descending further into a shithole site, you're probably better off anywhere else anyway.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 02:27 am (UTC)(link)
I came here to thank the secret maker for the very pretty snake picture.

Also, OP, you’re better off away from there.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 03:43 pm (UTC)(link)
I've heard the same. Someone I follow online posted a photo of the bridal party at a wedding, and accidentally made it public instead of private, so it got shared to the main Imgur feed. Now, apparently that's a big faux pas that happens a lot. But guess what, people started being real assholes and saying nasty things to insult the appearance of the people in the photo, only one of whom had made this heinous error of uploading it publicly. So now all these randos are bashing people. It's gross.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-07 09:02 pm (UTC)(link)
I miss the days before all this newfangled DLC in gaming and everything being a subscription nowadays.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-07 11:07 pm (UTC)(link)
Add that everything seems to be multiplayer these days and I agree completely.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 04:05 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 14:50 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 21:22 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 15:43 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-07 09:02 pm (UTC)(link)
I am sad that Robin Tunney and Gillian Anderson have never played sisters in a show or movie. They looks so much alike to me!

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:14 (UTC) - Expand

OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 03:39 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:48 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 22:15 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-07 09:02 pm (UTC)(link)
I am so sick of the toxic mess Dr Who fandom has become. The actions of a certain section of the fanbase who will accept nothing less than the idea that the last ten years has been a work of genius, unflawed and perfect, has just made it an unlikeable place to be.

You crashed it into the wall so hard that every production company interested in picking up the licence is talking about a full day-one continuity reboot. Your ideas killed our show. Live with it.

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 00:34 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 05:41 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 21:43 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 05:45 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 13:32 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 21:45 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:16 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 00:17 (UTC) - Expand

Correction.

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 00:58 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 03:02 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:53 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-09-07 21:59 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 00:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-09-08 02:20 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 02:53 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-07 09:02 pm (UTC)(link)
I think Tim Curry's best movie was Congo.

I don't care how wrong I am.

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:41 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 03:44 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:21 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:29 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:38 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 23:02 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-07 09:02 pm (UTC)(link)
NS, NF, etc.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-07 09:03 pm (UTC)(link)
Official advertise your fandom-related event thread.

RULES FOR THIS:
1. NO images bigger than 600x600 in either direction (banners, et cetera).
2. ONE POST PER USER under this thread.
3. What IS allowed: roleplay advertisements, fandom comms, fandom events, things like that.
4. What is NOT allowed: anything for profit, any kind of fic/art commissions, seeking 1-on-1 RP, that kind of thing.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-07 09:03 pm (UTC)(link)
General comments:

(If the thread contains spoilery/triggery content please warn/post as 2nd comment so it collapses!
Please collapse images, too!)

Kind of based on 6

(Anonymous) 2026-09-07 09:42 pm (UTC)(link)
What are some of the worst movies by your favorite actors that you love?

Re: Kind of based on 6

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 21:55 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Kind of based on 6

[personal profile] kaijinscendre - 2026-09-07 22:18 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Kind of based on 6

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-09-07 21:57 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Kind of based on 6

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 23:38 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Kind of based on 6

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-09-07 23:40 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Kind of based on 6

[personal profile] greghousesgf - 2026-09-07 23:13 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Kind of based on 6

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 00:19 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Kind of based on 6

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 06:20 (UTC) - Expand

Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 22:21 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

[personal profile] kaijinscendre - 2026-09-07 22:27 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 22:56 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 23:01 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 23:06 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 23:08 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-07 23:36 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 00:21 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 01:00 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 04:31 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 05:28 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 08:12 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Gamers

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 15:42 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Healthiest sites for your fandom?

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 00:23 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Healthiest sites for your fandom?

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 02:28 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Healthiest sites for your fandom?

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 15:42 (UTC) - Expand

Good things

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 00:57 (UTC) - Expand

THE PIEROGIES ARE BACK

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 01:02 (UTC) - Expand

Puppy!

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 01:06 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Puppy!

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 01:07 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Puppy!

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 01:08 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Puppy!

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 01:41 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Puppy!

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 02:00 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Puppy!

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 02:33 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Good things

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-09-08 01:33 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Good things

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 02:05 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Good things

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-09-08 02:09 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Good things

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 04:33 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Good things

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 11:09 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Good things

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 05:31 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Good things

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 20:36 (UTC) - Expand

What sites do you often frequent? (Besides this one.)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 03:35 (UTC) - Expand

Important questions

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 09:44 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Important questions

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 09:47 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Important questions

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 10:24 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Important questions

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 10:35 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Important questions

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 14:11 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Important questions

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 15:42 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Important questions

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-08 18:20 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-07 09:03 pm (UTC)(link)
Games thread!

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 02:32 am (UTC)(link)
#Worldle #1691 (08.09.2026) 2/6 (100%)
🔥 Current Win Streak: 1 days
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬅️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/share

(no subject)

[personal profile] ssjumi - 2026-09-08 11:40 (UTC) - Expand