case: (Default)
Case ([personal profile] case) wrote in [community profile] fandomsecrets2026-09-08 04:49 pm

[ SECRET POST #7186 ]


⌈ Secret Post #7186 ⌋

Warning: Some secrets are NOT worksafe and may contain SPOILERS.


01.




__________________________________________________



02.



__________________________________________________



03.



__________________________________________________



04.



__________________________________________________



05.



__________________________________________________



06.
































Notes:

Secrets Left to Post: 01 pages, 17 secrets from Secret Submission Post #1025.
Secrets Not Posted: [ 0 - broken links ], [ 0 - not!secrets ], [ 0 - not!fandom ], [ 0 - too big ], [ 0 - repeat ].
Current Secret Submissions Post: here.
Suggestions, comments, and concerns should go here.

(frozen comment)

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-08 09:22 pm (UTC)(link)
DAILY LINKS:

General comments
Off-topic discussion thread


Games threadThread for games/memes/etc.
Edited 2026-09-08 21:27 (UTC)

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-08 09:22 pm (UTC)(link)
Nothing demonstrates just how long The Simpsons have been on the air like how the show treats Smithers sexuality. We've gone from "didn't notice the implication" to "we don't talk about the implication" to "we lampshade the implication" to "we make jokes about him outright" to "yeah he's just gay" all the way back around to "we don't need to talk about it, because it just doesn't matter any more".

And we've seen all those parts of the arc on screen.

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 09:57 pm (UTC)(link)
The only thing that would surprise me now is if Smithers became black again.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 09:51 pm (UTC)(link)
Up until recently, I'd never heard of this guy... turns out he advocated for responsible behavior during the pandemic, then got caught going to a big party on a boat without a mask:

https://archive.ph/jPBVD

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 09:58 pm (UTC)(link)
That link doesn't load for me. This one did:

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/941829?form=fpf

Another attempt at a working link

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:20 pm (UTC)(link)
http://archive.today/jPBVD

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:23 pm (UTC)(link)
Sounds about right! Rules for thee but not for me. *Everyone else* should wear masks and avoid unnecessary contact with others, but *I* am sure as hell not going to limit what *I* do, even though I know better.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:54 pm (UTC)(link)
I would argue that it's even worse that he knew better and did it anyway. If he were just ignorant, that's bad enough. But he knew perfectly well and just didn't give a fuck. Gross.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 09:51 pm (UTC)(link)
You're entitled to be wrong.

Transcript — Doctor Mike

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:02 pm (UTC)(link)
I can't stand this guy. To me, he has the most smug, punchable face ever.
greghousesgf: (pic#17098462)

[personal profile] greghousesgf 2026-09-08 10:39 pm (UTC)(link)
Never heard of this guy but I happen to really like scented candles. I can't burn candles of any kind anymore because they make my stupid smoke alarm go off.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-08 09:23 pm (UTC)(link)
I have never liked the Super Mario Franchise.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:19 pm (UTC)(link)
OK but you gotta admit the music is the bomb.

Japan does trad jazz mmmm.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-08 09:23 pm (UTC)(link)
I think Crash Bandicoot's design in Fortnite falls deep into the uncanny Valley. The proportions are so...off.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 09:46 pm (UTC)(link)
eugh

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:20 pm (UTC)(link)
Every Fortnite crossover where the character don't already have human proportions are awful. Crash is hardly the worse of them, Sonic looks so bad.

Transcript — Chicken Soup for the Soul (books)

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:04 pm (UTC)(link)
[Cover image of Raising Kids on the Spectrum: 101 Inspirational Stories for Parents of Children with Autism and Asperger's]

I wish that they would make a version of this book for adults with autism.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:42 pm (UTC)(link)
I'm on the spectrum and there is so much bullshit written about it I'm more than a little nervous about whatever's in that book.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:59 pm (UTC)(link)
Adults with autism get shafted. And honestly, I wouldn't expect any particular book to be worth it unless recommended by an actual expert.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 09:47 pm (UTC)(link)
Yeah. Goodreads could be amusing back in the day when people sporked books with gifs and all, but I'd never go there if I wanted a serious book review. Though to be fair, I don't really rate book reviews much at all, regardless of the site. They're mostly too subjective to be useful, and lacking in context or information.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:31 pm (UTC)(link)
Yeah, I've also not had much luck with book reviews -- it's all so subjective what someone will think of a book or unpredictable what will make them bounce off of it. It's hard to know what if anything in the review I should pay attention to and what I should ignore.

Sometimes it can be helpful to have an aggregate score, like with RottenTomatoes, but even then, aggregate scores open to the whole public tend to be dominated with things that are just POPULAR, i.e. lowest-common-denominator schlock, and they're also vulnerable to brigades/campaigns/other score manipulations.

But in any case, the behavior in the secret would still be infuriating regardless!

Transcript — Goodreads

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:08 pm (UTC)(link)
[GoodReads review:
"Review to come! I am ready (three crying emojis).
Pre-release: With the turn of the season that book has found its perfect home on my autumn TBR."
114 likes, 42 comments]

This right here is why I get so frustrated with the review system on GoodReads. This person didn't say one single word about the content of the book. They didn't give a star rating or even indicate if they liked/disliked/felt neutral! They just said they read it and will come back to review it later. That was 10 months ago. And yet it has over a hundred likes, meaning it is pushed up high on the reviews, and yet it's the most useless "review" you could even imagine. I get that this person has a lot of friends/followers and they just hit the "like" button when they see something pop up on their feed, but it's soooo irritating because there's so much of this on GR. The reviews that are pushed high on the list are the ones by people who have a lot of followers, regardless of whether or not those reviews have any substance.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:20 pm (UTC)(link)
I feel like I tried to use GR once and they wanted me to make an account. Am I imagining that?

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-08 09:23 pm (UTC)(link)
NS, NF, etc.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-08 09:23 pm (UTC)(link)
Official advertise your fandom-related event thread.

RULES FOR THIS:
1. NO images bigger than 600x600 in either direction (banners, et cetera).
2. ONE POST PER USER under this thread.
3. What IS allowed: roleplay advertisements, fandom comms, fandom events, things like that.
4. What is NOT allowed: anything for profit, any kind of fic/art commissions, seeking 1-on-1 RP, that kind of thing.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-08 09:24 pm (UTC)(link)
General comments:

(If the thread contains spoilery/triggery content please warn/post as 2nd comment so it collapses!
Please collapse images, too!)

What culinary failures have you done recently?

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 11:00 pm (UTC)(link)
Tried making a lazy version of my local Mexican place's pollo con queso. It's....fine. But mostly too mushy.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-08 09:25 pm (UTC)(link)
Games thread!

(Anonymous) 2026-09-08 10:44 pm (UTC)(link)
#Worldle #1692 (09.09.2026) 2/6 (100%)
🔥 Current Win Streak: 2 days
🟩🟩🟨⬜⬜↙️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/share