case: (Default)
Case ([personal profile] case) wrote in [community profile] fandomsecrets2026-09-25 06:09 pm

[ SECRET POST #7203 ]


⌈ Secret Post #7203 ⌋

Warning: Some secrets are NOT worksafe and may contain SPOILERS.


01.



__________________________________________________



02.
[Hadestown]



__________________________________________________



03.



__________________________________________________



04.



__________________________________________________



05.



__________________________________________________











06. [WARNING for discussion of incest/underage/noncon]




__________________________________________________



07. [WARNING for discussion of JKR/Harry Potter]
































Notes:

Secrets Left to Post: 03 pages, 60 secrets from Secret Submission Post #1028.
Secrets Not Posted: [ 0 - broken links ], [ 0 - not!secrets ], [ 1 - not!fandom ], [ 0 - too big ], [ 0 - repeat ].
Current Secret Submissions Post: here.
Suggestions, comments, and concerns should go here.

(frozen comment)

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:14 pm (UTC)(link)
DAILY LINKS:

General comments
→ Off-topic discussion thread


Games thread → Thread for games/memes/etc.
Edited 2026-09-25 22:25 (UTC)

Transcript – Do Not Enter by Freida McFadden

(Anonymous) 2026-09-25 10:44 pm (UTC)(link)

This was trash, and not even in the fun way. The writing is atrocious and repetitive. Every character has the same voice. Every character is incredibly dumb and does things that completely do not make sense. And then the "twists" that are just frustrating. I cannot fathom how this has over a 4 star rating. Some of you people need to start reading some better books.

Re: Transcript – Do Not Enter by Freida McFadden

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:01 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-09-25 10:51 pm (UTC)(link)
I haven't read this one, but "every character has the same voice" is a pet peeve of mine... but not one most readers notice, it seems. IMO, the majority of readers either aren't too bothered by messy, inept writing or they simply don't know any better.

I once read a novel whose title/author I can't remember, but every character had the exact same sense of geek humor from teenagers to 60-somethings. The author was a big Joss Whedon/Buffy fan and it showed by how hard they were trying to emulate his sense of humor but it really didn't work.

(no subject)

[personal profile] dinogrrl - 2026-09-26 00:24 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] annethecatdetective - 2026-09-26 01:14 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 02:16 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] feotakahari - 2026-09-26 01:45 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-09-26 03:06 am (UTC)(link)
This is why I really wish more classic books were read in school. People who aren't exposed to good writing have no idea how to write well.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-26 07:03 am (UTC)(link)
IME Best sellers aren't good indicators of a good novel. Rarely is a popular book actually good enough to be that popular. Never a good or fun time to read a book and not enjoy it. I do wonder what it is I'm missing out on when I read a popular book and didn't enjoy it.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:18 pm (UTC)(link)
I can't believe this is supposed to be the outstandingly beautiful, utterly moving melody that melts the hearts of gods and makes the world stand still. I liked a lot of the other music, but this one felt like a placeholder tune in an early draft while they thought up something more appropriately powerful.

(Anonymous) 2026-09-25 11:07 pm (UTC)(link)
I actually think the "placeholder" of it works, because it's very hard to genuinely write a world-shaking song. To me, the simple melody stands in place of the greater one that's inhumanly magical, and we get the gist from how the world/characters react to it, rather than what we can actually hear presented by mortals.

OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:31 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-09-25 11:09 pm (UTC)(link)
So, I get what you mean about it being simple (also if it's just not to your liking that's fine). For me it works because it feels narratively appropriate. In the story, in the end it's not meant to be some amazing masterpiece that would dazzle everyone, it's an old lovers' song, and the specialness of it is what it means to Hades and Persephone. For me that's kind of more touching than if the song had been more "showy." I like how Orpheus struggles to finish the song, and then ends up with something so simple.

That said you're not the only person I've heard voice this opinion for sure, a lot of people would have liked more from the song.

OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:39 (UTC) - Expand

Re: OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 04:43 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-09-26 05:35 am (UTC)(link)
Frankly Reeve Carney pisses me off so much, I can't take Hadestown seriously. This stupid fuckboy with this bland shit of a song. Yes, the story is beatiful, everything is cool, but I was only thinking through all of the musical how annoying Orpheus is

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:18 pm (UTC)(link)
The album and the song are great but I still think "Invaders Must Die" is a terrible title

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 04:48 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:18 pm (UTC)(link)
I love going onto my profile and reading my own fanfic every so often and I 100% love my own stuff.

I am my number one audience and I simply share what is cleaned up properly with others who also might like it. It can come off as arrogant to say this in some fic-writing corners, where it feels like we need to self-deprecate a bit, but I just know what I like best. So of course I think my fanfic is super fun to read.

(no subject)

[personal profile] nanslice - 2026-09-25 22:38 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] tabaqui - 2026-09-25 22:51 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 22:52 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:12 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:15 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:44 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] dinogrrl - 2026-09-26 00:31 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 01:21 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 01:35 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 02:59 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 04:56 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 05:27 (UTC) - Expand

SA

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 08:03 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 07:34 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] ayumidah - 2026-09-27 02:20 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:19 pm (UTC)(link)
Monica was always prettier to me than Rachel on Friends, but I found Phoebe the most sexually appealing as far as energy

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 22:53 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 01:33 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 08:47 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:18 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 08:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 19:57 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 08:38 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:19 pm (UTC)(link)
06. [WARNING for discussion of incest/underage/noncon]
https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/b6726e126d03.png

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:19 pm (UTC)(link)
I love incest ships. I wish I wasn't grouped in with people who love noncon and adult x minor. I don't care what you are into but I want to be in my lane only.

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:04 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] nanslice - 2026-09-25 22:44 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:26 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 01:24 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 02:12 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 02:59 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] iff_and_xor - 2026-09-25 22:50 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] nanslice - 2026-09-25 22:53 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] iff_and_xor - 2026-09-25 23:05 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 22:55 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 22:57 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:03 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:07 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:14 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:29 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:45 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:51 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:08 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 04:50 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 01:26 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 02:37 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 03:04 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 01:37 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 14:40 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:19 pm (UTC)(link)
07. [WARNING for discussion of JKR/Harry Potter]
https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/4bd678411623.png

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:20 pm (UTC)(link)
I watched the Harry Potter tv trailer on Youtube with a VPN. Damn it. My Potter feels really have been sparked again. I won't buy the show, but I am probably going to end up watching it. I wish I didn't still love it so much.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 22:54 (UTC) - Expand

ELI5

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:42 (UTC) - Expand

Re: ELI5

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:59 (UTC) - Expand

Re: ELI5

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:01 (UTC) - Expand

Re: ELI5

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:10 (UTC) - Expand

Re: ELI5

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 02:15 (UTC) - Expand

Re: ELI5

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 01:30 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:20 pm (UTC)(link)
NS, NF, etc.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:24 pm (UTC)(link)
Official advertise your fandom-related event thread.

RULES FOR THIS:
1. NO images bigger than 600x600 in either direction (banners, et cetera).
2. ONE POST PER USER under this thread.
3. What IS allowed: roleplay advertisements, fandom comms, fandom events, things like that.
4. What is NOT allowed: anything for profit, any kind of fic/art commissions, seeking 1-on-1 RP, that kind of thing.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:24 pm (UTC)(link)
General comments:

(If the thread contains spoilery/triggery content please warn/post as 2nd comment so it collapses!
Please collapse images, too!)

"Secrets you don't want to make..." thread is up!

(Anonymous) 2026-09-25 10:26 pm (UTC)(link)
It'll be monitored until Monday's FS post goes up. You can leave your comment secrets here:

https://fandomsecrets.dreamwidth.org/3480926.html?thread=1161398110#cmt1161398110

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

a secret maker

Kind of based on 2

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 22:33 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Kind of based on 2

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-09-25 23:14 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Kind of based on 2

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:20 (UTC) - Expand

Weekend Plans?

[personal profile] kaijinscendre - 2026-09-25 22:34 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Weekend Plans?

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-09-25 23:15 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Weekend Plans?

[personal profile] kaijinscendre - 2026-09-25 23:29 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Weekend Plans?

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:59 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Weekend Plans?

[personal profile] kaijinscendre - 2026-09-26 02:03 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Weekend Plans?

[personal profile] volkameria - 2026-09-26 02:59 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Weekend Plans?

[personal profile] kaijinscendre - 2026-09-26 04:23 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Weekend Plans?

[personal profile] volkameria - 2026-09-26 13:16 (UTC) - Expand

Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 22:44 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 22:45 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

[personal profile] kaijinscendre - 2026-09-25 22:54 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 01:48 (UTC) - Expand

Mental health and periods

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:01 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Mental health and periods

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 04:52 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-09-25 23:25 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:41 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:08 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:54 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 11:10 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:50 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:31 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:39 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 01:50 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 10:35 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:52 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-25 23:53 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

[personal profile] greghousesgf - 2026-09-25 23:59 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:13 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

[personal profile] greghousesgf - 2026-09-26 00:26 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 02:17 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:04 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:09 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

[personal profile] greghousesgf - 2026-09-26 01:23 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:14 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 01:49 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 03:09 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 04:53 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 03:09 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 03:14 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 04:34 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 09:41 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 10:38 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Venting Thread

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 05:43 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-25 10:24 pm (UTC)(link)
Games thread!

(Anonymous) 2026-09-26 02:24 am (UTC)(link)
#Worldle #1709 (26.09.2026) 1/6 (100%)
🔥 Current Win Streak: 1 days
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/share

Puts the "distinct" in distinctive.

(no subject)

[personal profile] ssjumi - 2026-09-26 08:15 (UTC) - Expand

Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) 2026-09-25 10:25 pm (UTC)(link)
... but you wouldn't mind if someone else made them for you! As always, including the fandom and full character names is a big help, and while I'm definitely not the world's greatest expert at secret design, I'll try my best. Please note that long comment secrets can be difficult to make with a good end result. Most of the time, I'll give it a shot but might not be able to make secrets where the text is so lengthy that I can't fit it into the limited space.

I'm trying something new with the comment secret thread and extending the deadline to comment until Monday's post goes up. I'll monitor this thread until then, and hope the extra day will be more helpful for everyone.

Cheers,

a secret maker

P.S. Please don't worry if you've submitted a secret and it hasn't been posted yet. I usually post these threads before running out of the previous batch of secrets to get a head start on the next batch.

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) 2026-09-25 11:55 pm (UTC)(link)
Abuse TW

As someone who had an possessive and emotionally abusive girlfriend(who had many traits in common with the yandere trope and is now thankfully an ex), Yandere characters are a huge trigger for me.

My ex deliberately isolate me from all my friends because she was jealous of them. After a while, nobody wanted to be around me, much less be friends with me because of her. If someone got too close to me, she would threaten/harass them. She also would stalk me and search my things and accuse me of cheating if I objected to any of it. It was true hell.

I cringe intensely whenever I hear someone brag about being an irl yandere or talk about wanting to have an irl yandere partner like Yuno Gasai. *Shudder*

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-27 03:26 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-27 05:11 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:35 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 00:38 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 03:04 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-27 00:51 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 05:38 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 06:38 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 11:26 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 12:44 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 14:13 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 14:42 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 17:56 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 19:40 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-26 20:57 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-27 00:32 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-27 01:12 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-27 03:11 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-27 03:59 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-27 04:07 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Secrets you don't want to make...

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-27 05:03 (UTC) - Expand