case: (Default)
Case ([personal profile] case) wrote in [community profile] fandomsecrets2026-09-30 07:01 pm

[ SECRET POST #7208 ]


⌈ Secret Post #7208 ⌋

Warning: Some secrets are NOT worksafe and may contain SPOILERS.


01.




__________________________________________________



02.



__________________________________________________



03.
[Jamie Demetriou as Mr. Collins in Pride and Prejudice (2026), Noel Fielding as Richmond in The IT Crowd]



__________________________________________________



04.
[Hadestown]



__________________________________________________



05.



__________________________________________________



06.



__________________________________________________



07.
































Notes:

Secrets Left to Post: 01 pages, 14 secrets from Secret Submission Post #1029.
Secrets Not Posted: [ 0 - broken links ], [ 0 - not!secrets ], [ 0 - not!fandom ], [ 0 - too big ], [ 0 - repeat ].
Current Secret Submissions Post: here.
Suggestions, comments, and concerns should go here.

(frozen comment)

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:08 pm (UTC)(link)
DAILY LINKS:

General comments
→ Off-topic discussion thread


Games thread → Thread for games/memes/etc.
Edited 2026-09-30 23:23 (UTC)

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:11 pm (UTC)(link)
I miss the days when crossovers were used relatively sparingly . I remember things like Link & Darth Vader being playable in Soul Caliber and Disney& final fantasy crossing over in Kingdom hearts being a huge deal and exciting because it was so uncommon at the time.

Nowadays whenever I hear of a new crossover being announced my reaction is virtually always "meh".

Re: Transcript by OP

[personal profile] volkameria - 2026-10-01 00:43 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Transcript by OP

[personal profile] dinogrrl - 2026-10-01 02:03 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 03:07 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-10-01 02:23 am (UTC)(link)
I feel you. I love Kingdom Hearts, but if it came out for the first time today, it really wouldn't be the same-- there's just so much noise for it to get lost in. When I'm getting excited about the new one, it's because it's a continuation of that story, not because of the crossover aspect. I do hope I enjoy the new things that get added into the mix.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:11 pm (UTC)(link)
I was very open to OCxCanon and non canon/uncommon shipping back when it was very unpopular to be in many fandom circles, but even then a lot of times my exception was when the non favored half of the canon/popular ship was killed off brutally , turned OOC evil for the sake of the author's OC/favored ship.

It screamed petty and childish and just.. ew. Come on what are you, fourteen?

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:49 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-09-30 11:56 pm (UTC)(link)
Uh, yeah, some of those writers were fourteen. And some writers were older and just had zero chill about the character they didn't like. And a few were probably genuinely neutral about the character, but wanted an over-the-top villain and knew fandom sentiment was sort of against the character, so they went the easy route.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:23 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-10-01 12:15 am (UTC)(link)
Like... it's so easy to simply not do that!

I know when I was fourteen, I wrote fic that was not especially friendly to the canon romantic interest, but the show was writing them as being weirdly mean to their partner's best friend at the time, so it wasn't exactly inaccurate, either-- I didn't go out of my way to distort their character just to bash them, I simply wrote a version of events where the canon couple didn't get together, and one of them wasn't one hundred percent nice. I think that's as close as I've come to that kind of thing...

When writing a crossover ship where one half has a couple longer-term canon love interests, one of them vastly preferred in that fandom, it was easy to just have the second relationship have ended amicably off-screen-- or imagine, again, that it never got off the ground. And the only OC/Canon character ships I have, one the canon character had no love interest, the other there was a maybe love interest who dies at the start of the film... and all of those are small/old fandoms or unpopular characters for shipping, so I guess I am just not in the same scenes where all this happens, but it does NOT shock me that it still happens. I've seen enough of it way back in the old days of internet fandom.

(Anonymous) 2026-10-01 01:38 am (UTC)(link)
Yeah, if these two characters are important to each other in canon (whether or not you ship them) they should still be important to each other in fic, regardless of bringing in an OC. Turning one half of the canon or popular pairing OOC to get rid of them is boring and detrimental to the characterisation of the other half of the ship.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 02:29 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-10-01 04:35 pm (UTC)(link)
To be completely fair, this is hardly OCxCanon specific. Still somewhat common in ship rivalry and one of the biggest complaints people thrown at slash. Not a big fan of it either, but how someone else pointed out, it's just a easy way to make the story dramatic.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:11 pm (UTC)(link)
03. https://cdn.imgchest.com/files/03d3b6ad96fd.png
[Jamie Demetriou as Mr. Collins in Pride and Prejudice (2026), Noel Fielding as Richmond in The IT Crowd]

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:11 pm (UTC)(link)
I'm always up for seeing a new (and hopefully still hilarious) take on Mr. Collins, but the resemblence is unfortunate, to say the least.

(Anonymous) 2026-10-01 12:02 am (UTC)(link)
I can't say I see it-- not to the point I think I'd ever have thought of it on my own. But what matters here is that *you* see it, and I can understand that it will be distracting for you. Hope you can still enjoy it overall!

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:11 pm (UTC)(link)
I was looking forward to the release of this because I can’t connect to musicals unless I watch them first. But just like with Hamilton, I lost all interet because of how weak the lead’s cast voice is compared to everyone else’s.

(Anonymous) 2026-10-01 12:32 am (UTC)(link)
Weak?? I realise that it takes some getting used to hearing Reece Carney's voice, but I'd hardly call it weak.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:49 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 01:10 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-10-01 01:09 am (UTC)(link)
Not remotely weak, it's just that Reeve makes it look easy. The issue with Orpheus as a role is that he has to sing a lot of falsetto and to smoothly modulate between his head and chest voice. Reeve Carney is the only Orpheus I've listened to that doesn't sound like he's struggling with that at any point.

Other Orphei I've listened to straight up break and crack trying to keep up with the singing for his role.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 02:01 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 03:21 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 06:13 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 13:13 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:11 pm (UTC)(link)
I always got huge bi/pan vibes from Janet Jackson.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:12 pm (UTC)(link)
i don't like kunihiko ikuhara. i think he fetishizes lesbians the way anti-fujoshi people claim fujoshis fetishizes gay men. (anime director/writer of utena)

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:08 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 02:18 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 07:23 (UTC) - Expand

op of secret

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-02 02:29 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 07:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 10:23 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 12:44 (UTC) - Expand

AYRT

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-02 00:24 (UTC) - Expand

op of secret

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-02 02:32 (UTC) - Expand

op of secret

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-02 02:25 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-10-01 03:16 am (UTC)(link)
I can't decide whether to attempt reading this or not. Booktok recs are usually way overrated.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:12 pm (UTC)(link)
NS, NF, etc.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:12 pm (UTC)(link)
Official advertise your fandom-related event thread.

RULES FOR THIS:
1. NO images bigger than 600x600 in either direction (banners, et cetera).
2. ONE POST PER USER under this thread.
3. What IS allowed: roleplay advertisements, fandom comms, fandom events, things like that.
4. What is NOT allowed: anything for profit, any kind of fic/art commissions, seeking 1-on-1 RP, that kind of thing.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:20 pm (UTC)(link)
General comments:

(If the thread contains spoilery/triggery content please warn/post as 2nd comment so it collapses!
Please collapse images, too!)
philstar22: (Default)

Things that make you feel old

[personal profile] philstar22 2026-09-30 11:33 pm (UTC)(link)
What things make you feel old?


For me it is when we get storms and the air pressure drops and my head and my knees make me feel like an old lady.

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-30 23:36 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:27 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-30 23:36 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:00 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 01:41 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-30 23:38 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 01:12 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-30 23:55 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-09-30 23:57 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:10 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:32 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 15:08 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:36 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:44 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 03:17 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:52 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 01:12 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 03:06 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 03:18 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 01:59 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 06:17 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that make you feel old

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 16:37 (UTC) - Expand

Finally have the first week of fall where I am....

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 00:34 (UTC) - Expand

What things make you feel young?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 01:12 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What things make you feel young?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 01:18 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What things make you feel young?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 02:37 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What things make you feel young?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 04:04 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What things make you feel young?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 15:12 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What things make you feel young?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 02:32 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What things make you feel young?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 03:17 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What things make you feel young?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 03:39 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What things make you feel young?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 06:20 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What things make you feel young?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-01 16:55 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-09-30 11:22 pm (UTC)(link)
Games thread!

(Anonymous) 2026-10-01 12:53 am (UTC)(link)
#Worldle #1714 (01.10.2026) 1/6 (100%)
🔥 Current Win Streak: 1 days
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/share

Another belemnite country!