case: (Default)
Case ([personal profile] case) wrote in [community profile] fandomsecrets2026-10-24 03:58 pm

[ SECRET POST #7232 ]


⌈ Secret Post #7232 ⌋

Warning: Some secrets are NOT worksafe and may contain SPOILERS.


01.




__________________________________________________



02.



__________________________________________________



03.



__________________________________________________



04.



__________________________________________________



05.



__________________________________________________



06.































Notes:

Secrets Left to Post: 02 pages, 37 secrets from Secret Submission Post #1033.
Secrets Not Posted: [ 0 - broken links ], [ 0 - not!secrets ], [ 0 - not!fandom ], [ 0 - too big ], [ 1 - repeat ].
Current Secret Submissions Post: here.
Suggestions, comments, and concerns should go here.

(frozen comment)

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-24 08:01 pm (UTC)(link)
DAILY LINKS:

General comments
→ Off-topic discussion thread


Games thread → Thread for games/memes/etc.
Edited 2026-10-24 20:03 (UTC)

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-24 08:01 pm (UTC)(link)
I used to enjoy watching all the Food Network competition shows - Chopped, GGG, etc - and kept up to date, right through the pandemic when they went the extra mile to safely film and support struggling restaurants and chefs.

But now I can't stand them, because every criticism I see the "judges" lob at the contestants reeks of being famous head chefs out of touch with what people on the street actually like to eat. They all keep cycling from FN show to FN show and are so far up their own asses, I feel like they've forgotten what good food tastes like. I've deleted Food Network from all my subs and services, and I won't go back.
annethecatdetective: (Default)

[personal profile] annethecatdetective 2026-10-24 10:28 pm (UTC)(link)
I haven't watched Chopped in a long time, used to really enjoy it, but yeah... a lot of the judges are wildly out of touch. (I will say, there's not a single food competition show I've watched where the judges piss me off HALF as much as when I stopped watching ProjWay because the judges would rave over either the most godawful unwearable nonsense, or like... the use of colorblocking on a very basic, boring garment, and pull out endless incomprehensible criticisms for things that seemed fun and like the high concept version of something genuinely wearable.)

There are food shows I still watch, I *do* love some of the baking shows and I adore The Kitchen... but uhhh I VASTLY prefer episodes without Alex, who is the Worst (she's more bearable when she's not competing but she's still got an aura of smugness and more than a few opinions I simply don't agree with. Like yeah, GZ is absolutely that rich out of touch guy now, but at least it amuses me every time they do, like, 'oh this is a homemade toaster pastry' or some such thing he's never eaten because he went from being the child of poor immigrants to being an out of touch rich guy and between that and his age compared to the others, he skipped right past all the foods they consider normal).

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 01:43 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] annethecatdetective - 2026-10-25 02:21 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 05:59 (UTC) - Expand
dinogrrl: Beethoven wtf face (Beethoven wtf)

[personal profile] dinogrrl 2026-10-25 12:16 am (UTC)(link)
My mom loves cooking shows of all sorts. I personally hate watching them because most of them have food and recipes that are useless for a regular person, much less someone like me with a relatively rare and very frustrating food allergy, and with maybe one spoon left over at the end of the week with which to make one meal for themself that's slightly fancier than a PBJ. And that's not even getting into the food snobbiness of many of them.

Anyway yeah, I feel you. If I want ideas for cooking I just look up recipes, skip over the novel-length story in front of it for the actual recipe, and alter it to my needs.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 01:05 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] dinogrrl - 2026-10-25 01:23 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 03:48 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] dinogrrl - 2026-10-25 12:47 (UTC) - Expand

AYRT

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 19:47 (UTC) - Expand

Re: AYRT

[personal profile] dinogrrl - 2026-10-25 22:15 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-10-25 06:15 am (UTC)(link)
I haven't watched FN in quite a while. Somewhere in the 2010s, I just slowly watched live tv less and less, and with streaming I generally didn't go for many competition shows, which seemed to be taking over food related tv shows. Watched GBBO for a bit but only watched a couple seasons.

Also, in that time, I just found YouTube food content more to my liking. It feels less corporate-mandated, which FN definitely gives those vibes.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-24 08:01 pm (UTC)(link)
I just found out one of my favorite megaman fansites from the 2000s, has finally went offline. I am saddened at another piece of my childhood being lost forever.

RIP mechadrake.com I will always remember and miss you.
maximumhusky: blue sakura branches front of lantern (Default)

[personal profile] maximumhusky 2026-10-25 01:39 am (UTC)(link)
ANON, ARE YOU ME? I used to visit this website all the time as a kid, and used to want to submit art! It's where I read fanfic for the first time that wasn't hosted on FFN, and where I saw someone else on this planet was actually a Colonel fan like me lol.

A shame that this small piece of love on the internet is gone, but at least it did accomplish its mission for giving us megaman fans joy.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-24 08:02 pm (UTC)(link)
There are times I wonder who's the worst character designer:Tetsuya Nomura or whoever crapped out the abominations from the n64 game Jet Force Gemini(and most Rare games in general)

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 20:28 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Transcript by OP

[personal profile] annethecatdetective - 2026-10-24 23:05 (UTC) - Expand
maximumhusky: blue sakura branches front of lantern (Default)

[personal profile] maximumhusky 2026-10-25 01:41 am (UTC)(link)
To Jetforce Gemini's credit, 3D technology's limitations at the time was one of the driving reasons why Toy Story limited human characters being on screen for too long.

(Anonymous) 2026-10-25 02:54 am (UTC)(link)
Nomura's art is good, he just has atrocious outfit designs. The Jet Force Gemini protags are ugly, but in a charming "early 3D graphic" way.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-24 08:02 pm (UTC)(link)
I was all excited about meeting an online friend and having them stay with me for awhile buuutttt

Now I'm getting nervous.

I...I really care for this friend. We've known each other for 3 years, and they've been there for me through a million lows, and I for them, but I also watch a lot of crime shows, and it makes me scared.

(Anonymous) 2026-10-24 08:06 pm (UTC)(link)
Just make sure you meet in public, let people know who is there, and make sure they can't somehow get squatters rights in your area. If you get any bad vibes, bow out.

(Anonymous) 2026-10-24 08:10 pm (UTC)(link)
Don't be scared to call off or change plans if you feel uncomfortable. You could change to meeting in public only, with your friend staying in a hotel. I've had good experiences meeting my friends in person, never was anyone lying about who they were. But it's okay to change your mind. Idk, I guess I would just say to spend some time with your worries and think of what is a realistic fear and what you could do to be more comfortable.
tabaqui: (Default)

[personal profile] tabaqui 2026-10-24 10:51 pm (UTC)(link)
I've met online friends IRL. One is my BFF 4EVAH and I'd do about anything for them.
Others...were hit and miss. And one couple, in particular, was extremely tacky and gross IN MY HOUSE where my young daughter was. As a rule, I do not have strangers in my home, but these were meetups in connection with people traveling to fan stuff and whatnot.

Listen to your gut. Meet up in public, let any close family/other friends know what's going on, and if you get weird vibes or are not liking it, call it quits. They can get a hotel.

Hopefully, you'll vibe, have fun, and part with good memories. Good luck!

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 02:30 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] nanslice - 2026-10-25 18:33 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-24 08:02 pm (UTC)(link)
I actually don't know what will make Disney fans happy anymore as far as new animated movies. It seems like nothing will.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 20:15 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 20:45 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 20:58 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 22:59 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:18 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:28 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:46 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:57 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 02:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 05:48 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 06:13 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 11:45 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 15:41 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 18:40 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 23:46 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 02:07 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 18:36 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-10-24 21:58 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:22 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] annethecatdetective - 2026-10-24 22:41 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:04 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 01:44 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-10-25 13:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 15:43 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 07:17 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-24 08:02 pm (UTC)(link)
My online fandom friends' fic recs are almost always misses.

What I ask for: gen or plotty fic about Favecanon, Favecharacter or from Favecharacter's POV. No particular preference for ships if any happen on the sidelines, like how most non-romance fiction has it

What I get: ship fic where Favecharacter getting together with someone is the whole focus and the convoluted, dramatic plot is only there to serve getting them together and it turns out their true love is the key to saving the world or something

I am starting to suspect they've been in fandom or only read fanfic so long that can't tell the difference any more.

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 00:39 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] tabaqui - 2026-10-24 22:53 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 22:55 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 04:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 16:59 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 00:05 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-24 08:02 pm (UTC)(link)
NS, NF, etc.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-24 08:02 pm (UTC)(link)
Official advertise your fandom-related event thread.

RULES FOR THIS:
1. NO images bigger than 600x600 in either direction (banners, et cetera).
2. ONE POST PER USER under this thread.
3. What IS allowed: roleplay advertisements, fandom comms, fandom events, things like that.
4. What is NOT allowed: anything for profit, any kind of fic/art commissions, seeking 1-on-1 RP, that kind of thing.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-24 08:03 pm (UTC)(link)
General comments:

(If the thread contains spoilery/triggery content please warn/post as 2nd comment so it collapses!
Please collapse images, too!)

What popular media are you a fan of?

(Anonymous) 2026-10-24 10:16 pm (UTC)(link)
I get the impression fs is always complaining about the Hot New Thing or arguing that Huge Fandom jumped the shark years ago.

Re: What popular media are you a fan of?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 22:25 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What popular media are you a fan of?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 22:44 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What popular media are you a fan of?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 22:49 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What popular media are you a fan of?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:19 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What popular media are you a fan of?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:40 (UTC) - Expand

Re: What popular media are you a fan of?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 00:27 (UTC) - Expand

Yes

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 22:54 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 22:48 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:04 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:21 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-10-24 23:39 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:45 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:46 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:58 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 00:35 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 00:28 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 00:34 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 01:03 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 01:27 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 03:59 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 06:35 (UTC) - Expand

Fic

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-24 23:59 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Fic

[personal profile] philstar22 - 2026-10-25 00:29 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Fic

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 01:11 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Fic

[personal profile] kaijinscendre - 2026-10-25 01:12 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Fic

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 01:48 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Fic

[personal profile] kaijinscendre - 2026-10-25 02:51 (UTC) - Expand

Whoops, wrong link.

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-25 01:14 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-24 08:03 pm (UTC)(link)
Games thread!

(Anonymous) 2026-10-25 12:53 am (UTC)(link)
#Worldle #1738 (25.10.2026) 1/6 (100%)
🔥 Current Win Streak: 12 days
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/share