case: (Default)
Case ([personal profile] case) wrote in [community profile] fandomsecrets2026-10-26 04:52 pm

[ SECRET POST #7234 ]


⌈ Secret Post #7234 ⌋

Warning: Some secrets are NOT worksafe and may contain SPOILERS.


01.




__________________________________________________



02.



__________________________________________________



03.



__________________________________________________



04.



__________________________________________________



05.



__________________________________________________



06.






























Notes:

Secrets Left to Post: 01 pages, 25 secrets from Secret Submission Post #1033.
Secrets Not Posted: [ 0 - broken links ], [ 0 - not!secrets ], [ 0 - not!fandom ], [ 0 - too big ], [ 1 - repeat ].
Current Secret Submissions Post: here.
Suggestions, comments, and concerns should go here.

(frozen comment)

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-26 08:53 pm (UTC)(link)
DAILY LINKS:

General comments
→ Off-topic discussion thread


Games thread → Thread for games/memes/etc.
Edited 2026-10-26 21:04 (UTC)

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-26 08:54 pm (UTC)(link)
People can of course write what they want, but I cannot take any Tolkien ship-fic where they're using safewords or the light system seriously at all.

None of these people know what kink practice is, stop it, lol.

(Anonymous) 2026-10-26 09:10 pm (UTC)(link)
imagining gandalf explaining to frodo what a demisexual is

(Anonymous) 2026-10-26 09:18 pm (UTC)(link)
I feel like you CAN write people using safewords in a medieval setting in a way that makes sense. But yeah using stoplights there is dumb.

I also dislike when people add in safewords when it's not necessary. Like if you're not doing cnc where "stop" doesn't actually mean stop, that's unnecessary.

Pardon my long rant here but yes, big +1

(Anonymous) 2026-10-26 10:34 pm (UTC)(link)
God yes. The traffic light this swept through fandom and people just shived it everywhere. I legit membked out loud one time "they don't even know what a traffic light is!" while reading something set in pseudo medieval fantasy setting.

Then on the other hand you have fantasy settings where in canon they have the idea of safe words but don't call it that yet writers ignore the canon terms and shove "safe words" and the color system.

Idk I feel like "old man yelling at clouds" but I feel like kink went kind of fandom mainstream and people who have no clue started writing it and now its impossible to find any good stuff. I also feel like a lot of younger/newer writers write kink because it will get the hits but they don't care or have the knowledge and it shiws in the writing. It ain't got no soul!

(Anonymous) 2026-10-26 10:43 pm (UTC)(link)
lol same but with wuxia/xanxia danmei fanfic like...you're telling me these dudes in fantasy ancient China who are dubconning each other left and right in canon would care for safewords and know what a traffic light is??

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:34 (UTC) - Expand
philstar22: (Default)

[personal profile] philstar22 2026-10-26 10:52 pm (UTC)(link)
Hah. Yes. Like, there are ways to make up a similar system that in-universe makes sense. But straight up the rules of our world without all the context? Throws me right out.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 03:05 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-10-26 11:22 pm (UTC)(link)
The only thing going through my brain now when I see the light system used in smut fics is the jingle/tune for "Red Light, Green Light".

Red light, stop
Green light, go

And it repeats.

(Anonymous) 2026-10-27 11:29 am (UTC)(link)
I know what you mean.

There are ways to do it, like I can buy a 'tell me to stop if it's too much' type thing if things are getting intense, but as a pre-sex talk-through? Eh, it rarely feels right and often reads as super clunky in any Middle Earth or fantasy setting.

But then I have my issues with modern kink-sex in fanfic as well where so much of it feels like it's written as a clinical safe-sex PSA and like, okay but that's not really what I'm here for in smut, I kind of want some of the consent to be assumed. But that's just me.

(Anonymous) 2026-10-26 09:47 pm (UTC)(link)

I do think it's a bit sus that the rise in selfshipping and acceptance thereof happens to also come with a rise in calling it "yumeshipping" instead when afaict these refer to the exact same concept. Selfshipping comma Japan.

People should've been nice about this from the beginning.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:18 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:21 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 00:40 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 02:23 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 08:10 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 09:14 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 11:07 (UTC) - Expand

+1

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 11:14 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 11:34 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 11:32 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 09:19 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 12:51 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-10-26 10:36 pm (UTC)(link)
I feel this way about a lot of stuff I was bullied or made fun of for liking. Defensive anger, cringing, but also very "good for her" too.

(Anonymous) 2026-10-26 10:54 pm (UTC)(link)
I feel the same way when I see anime and gaming being openly celebrated when I was bullied horribly in school. It was 26 years ago but still stings when I realise it's more acceptable to like Pokemon now than it was back then.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-26 08:56 pm (UTC)(link)
I miss Geocities fansites, especially since not all of them were properly archived.

I miss independent fansites in general tbh. Fandom wikis lack a certain je ne sais quoi.

Re: Transcript by OP

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 22:40 (UTC) - Expand

(Anonymous) 2026-10-26 09:49 pm (UTC)(link)

You'll love nekoweb https://nekoweb.org/

I'm just using mine as a replacement for linktree since they've started rentseeking lately. But people who are actually good at this are there too!

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 22:12 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

[personal profile] starfleetbrat - 2026-10-26 22:25 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 22:56 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 11:57 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 14:00 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 00:42 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-26 09:00 pm (UTC)(link)
I wish I had friends who would back me up the way the girl in It Follows had friends who backed her up (except that one guy)

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 22:35 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:15 (UTC) - Expand

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 03:38 (UTC) - Expand

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-26 09:00 pm (UTC)(link)
I feel bad liking Pavi more than Nisha, because for the moment the twins are very closely aligned with Aang and Korra. I was neutral on Aang, but I always loved Korra and I don't know why that affection isn't translating to the twin more like her.

Transcript by OP

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-26 09:00 pm (UTC)(link)
My dream sexy outfit for my wife is a cop. Not even a skimpy version, a legit cop uniform. I blame Detective Olivia Benson and her impact on queer women everywhere.

(no subject)

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 01:11 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-26 09:00 pm (UTC)(link)
NS, NF, etc.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-26 09:00 pm (UTC)(link)
Official advertise your fandom-related event thread.

RULES FOR THIS:
1. NO images bigger than 600x600 in either direction (banners, et cetera).
2. ONE POST PER USER under this thread.
3. What IS allowed: roleplay advertisements, fandom comms, fandom events, things like that.
4. What is NOT allowed: anything for profit, any kind of fic/art commissions, seeking 1-on-1 RP, that kind of thing.

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-26 09:00 pm (UTC)(link)
General comments:

(If the thread contains spoilery/triggery content please warn/post as 2nd comment so it collapses!
Please collapse images, too!)
philstar22: (Default)

Things that throw you out of fics

[personal profile] philstar22 2026-10-26 10:59 pm (UTC)(link)
Inspired by secret 1. What things will throw you out of a fic and make it unlikely you will finish reading?

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:19 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:29 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:22 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:23 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 04:10 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:22 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:22 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:42 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 00:01 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 00:14 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 00:54 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 06:54 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 00:28 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 04:29 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 03:25 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Things that throw you out of fics

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 11:41 (UTC) - Expand

Do you have a support system?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:26 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you have a support system?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:39 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you have a support system?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:42 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you have a support system?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-26 23:44 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you have a support system?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 00:03 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you have a support system?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 00:04 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you have a support system?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 00:12 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you have a support system?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 02:03 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you have a support system?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 03:53 (UTC) - Expand

Re: Do you have a support system?

(Anonymous) - 2026-10-27 04:32 (UTC) - Expand

[personal profile] fscom 2026-10-26 09:01 pm (UTC)(link)
Games thread!

(Anonymous) 2026-10-26 10:10 pm (UTC)(link)
#Worldle #1740 (27.10.2026) 2/6 (100%)
🔥 Current Win Streak: 14 days
🟩🟩🟩🟩⬜⬆️
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩🎉

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/share