case: (Default)
Case ([personal profile] case) wrote in [community profile] fandomsecrets2012-11-24 03:23 pm

[ SECRET POST #2153 ]


⌈ Secret Post #2153 ⌋

Warning: Some secrets are NOT worksafe and may contain SPOILERS.

01.


__________________________________________________



02.


__________________________________________________



03.


__________________________________________________



04.


__________________________________________________



05.


__________________________________________________



06.


__________________________________________________



07.


__________________________________________________



08.


__________________________________________________



09.


__________________________________________________



10.


__________________________________________________



11.


__________________________________________________



12.


__________________________________________________



13.


__________________________________________________



14.


__________________________________________________



15.


__________________________________________________















Notes:

Secrets Left to Post: 05 pages, 104 secrets from Secret Submission Post #308.
Secrets Not Posted: [ 0 - broken links ], [ 0 - not!secrets ], [ 0 - not!fandom ], [ 1 - too big ], [ 0 - repeat ].
Current Secret Submissions Post: here.
Suggestions, comments, and concerns should go here.

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:38 pm (UTC)(link)
Diff anon... that's true, but it pisses me off when people shut down discussion on whether or not reclaiming words is actually beneficial because the people discussing it are white. Reclaiming words isn't just a racial issue, it's a big topic of discussion in sexism and homophobia as well.

Re: Scared anon here

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:38 pm (UTC)(link)
maybe that author doesn't even give a fuck

and keeps on kicking ass, writing awesome stories

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:39 pm (UTC)(link)
She has a very bland face for me. It's like Brad Pitt, I can see why other people would find them attractive but I find it difficult to rememeber what they even look like. I agree about her gaze, I don't know if that's natural or just a strange choice she made.

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:39 pm (UTC)(link)
another person wondering about this... I only ever see her face online or when I am checkout and happen to glance at the tabloids. Also why does the amount of love she gets NEED to be 'counteracted' by hate?

Especially considering most of the titles on magazines that I've seen lately have been about the affair with that director. Getting called 'homewrecker' and agonizing over RPatt's relationship pains isn't exactly positive.

Re: Troll secrets!

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:39 pm (UTC)(link)
same here

i could not troll on purpose if i tried
insanenoodlyguy: (Default)

[personal profile] insanenoodlyguy 2012-11-24 09:39 pm (UTC)(link)
No they don't. I'm as anti SJW as they come but I would never deprive anybody of their ability to get their point across.

I would however, posit if you are going to put up your opinion, you better be ready to have it mercilessly mocked.

Re: weird internet happenstances

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:40 pm (UTC)(link)
ok thanks for your input

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:40 pm (UTC)(link)
Alrighty.
forgottenjester: (Default)

[personal profile] forgottenjester 2012-11-24 09:40 pm (UTC)(link)
Oh no, I understood. Don't worry.

And I have to agree with you except for one part. It may or may not affect the actor. Haven't some admitted to being affected by it in interviews? (I don't know about this for sure so I could be wrong.)

However, an even bigger thing that I think it affects is the regular people online who see it. They now see attacking someone only for their looks to be okay. If they're like the OP and feel they look alike they start thinking people are attacking them.

So it can have quite a negative impact.

Re: ANAL SEX THREAD

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:41 pm (UTC)(link)
I can't comment on any personal experience, but I wanted to say that

and I was like "no, it's fine actually, keep going if you want".

this is like the coolest, chillest possible response to this situation

rock on, anon!

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:41 pm (UTC)(link)
"I wouldn't listen to anyone comparing you to her looks wise because in my experience people are usually saying it on a basic level, like you share the same sort of hair colour."

THIS. Some dude once told me I looked like Katie Holmes and I was like WTF. I guess because her nose is sort of shaped like mine? Other than, that there is no resemblance whatsoever.

I hate it when people can't think of ways to describe someone's looks without comparing them to a celebrity.
hwc: (mst3k - flimsy plot device)

Downloading (fan-)vids from youtube?

[personal profile] hwc 2012-11-24 09:41 pm (UTC)(link)
Is there some kind of software that saves videos from youtube even if the videos are blocked in your country?

I hate losing great vids just because I can't save them to my harddrive. :/
masakochan: (DN - Light - LOL)

[personal profile] masakochan 2012-11-24 09:41 pm (UTC)(link)
Best response. xD

Still can't stop

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:41 pm (UTC)(link)
SHRON
making_excuses: (Default)

I'll stop trying to be funny now.

[personal profile] making_excuses 2012-11-24 09:42 pm (UTC)(link)
because I don't

Re: weird internet happenstances

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:42 pm (UTC)(link)
T-they might be trolling? Hopefully?

Because the alternative is very <:(

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:43 pm (UTC)(link)
OMG HOW COULD YOU STOP THERE, SUCH AN EVIL CLIFFHANGER!!!

(also, I think I love you :D)
insanenoodlyguy: (Default)

[personal profile] insanenoodlyguy 2012-11-24 09:43 pm (UTC)(link)
As opposed to somebody who's into social justice (like say, that anon a while back who helped the homeless find sustainable housing), somebody who spends less time trying to change what they see as an injustice in the world and more time yelling at others how they perpetuate the injustice of the world on the internet. In other words, doing nothing to contribute to what they claim to stand for, because their real goal is to "get even" usually with the world because it's given them shit and they never figured out how to deal with that except ganging up and giving shit to a third party.
elaminator: (SGA: Sheppard/McKay - <3)

[personal profile] elaminator 2012-11-24 09:43 pm (UTC)(link)
The only ones I can remember liking are McShep and McDanno (probably because they sound like something off the McDonald's menu). I'd rather write down the names of the characters though; I just think it looks nicer. People will do what they want though, and it doesn't bother me too much.

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:44 pm (UTC)(link)
An unattractive person who is not sleeping with anyone in a position of authority can get roles because:

--they are an especially skilled actor (especially, but not exclusively, if they are older or male)
--they are already a celebrity/famous and therefore a draw (often seen with musicians or athletes, though usually male ones)
--they have a nonsexual connection with someone in a position of authority (perhaps a familial connection, though I think that doesn't usually garner leads in major motion pictures)

Getting roles does not always imply attractiveness.

...

Or, you know, attractiveness is subjective and depends on who you ask.
iggy: (Default)

[personal profile] iggy 2012-11-24 09:44 pm (UTC)(link)
By saying that you're being an egotistical dick (which you are), I'm not saying that the sun shines out of Himaruya's ass.

And also you totally should just go draw your own personified countries comic.

Re: Troll secrets!

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:44 pm (UTC)(link)
Yes but it wasn't a wanky thing, and it was an opinion that I heard in a discussion but didn't hold myself, not something I invented.

Re: weird internet happenstances

(Anonymous) 2012-11-24 09:45 pm (UTC)(link)
I just thought it was a funny story?
insanenoodlyguy: (Default)

Re: Downloading (fan-)vids from youtube?

[personal profile] insanenoodlyguy 2012-11-24 09:45 pm (UTC)(link)
I have no idea if they work for blocked videos, but there are several sites online that let you do just that.

Give it a shot?

http://www.free-youtubedownloader.net/

Also, try an ip masker.
Edited 2012-11-24 21:45 (UTC)
iggy: (Default)

[personal profile] iggy 2012-11-24 09:45 pm (UTC)(link)
...No?

Page 11 of 48